“Education is the foundation upon which we build our future”
The Ma Foi Foundation has touched and transformed the lives of many school students, college students and youth through its various programs and schemes under the name ‘DISHA’.
Disha is not just about academic or financial assistance but aims at the holistic development of the children at all levels, helping them realize their true potential.
Disha scholarship programs have transformed the lives of more than 4500 deserving students, most of whom have now got jobs in good organisations. This program offers scholarship and mentorship from class VIII onwards for the under privileged students studying in Corporation Schools. Disha, through skill building classes & career counselling programs has offered holistic growth giving them the necessary stability & confidence in life.
Disha Leadership program has shaped the youth to be leaders of tomorrow through the various programes and residential camps that have imparted life skills and value education. Motivational speeches by various achievers and employment oriented training have been the focus to make them successful professionals and good human beings.
Gems of Disha is an effort to groom the academically weak poor students from the 8th,9th and 10th grades through mentorship and coaching programs. The focus is to instill confidence and teach them with care so that they can pass their grade X and pursue higher education or vocational education. This programme has touched the lives of more than 1000 children.
Activities in Avadi :
- Works with the government schools in Avadi to help them progress at a faster pace
- 100 deserving college students benefitted from the DIsha Scholarship Scheme
- Conducted Summer Camps for School & College students
- Introduced Spoken English course in 3 Government schools in Avadi. Significant improvement has been seen in the students in terms of their confidence & language.
- Contributing to the holistic development of the children through various programmes like Music, Drawing, Art, Reading newspapers, etc.,
- 2325 students benefitted from the various training and development programs
- Provided infrastructure and furniture to Govt. Girls Higher Sec School, Avadi
- Provided computers to Kamarajar Nagar Boys’ Higher Secondary School
- The academically weak students are being mentored through the Gems of Disha Program
- Nutritional snacks provided to students appearing for Board Exams
- Provided foot wear to 1800 students (in association with The Bata Foundation)
- Conducting summer camps
- Partnered with Tech Mahindra Foundation to launch ‘Smart Centre’ with an objective to train and place unemployed youth. As on date, we have placed 25+ candidates
We look forward to your support to take all these intiatives to next level.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS IS VALUABLE.