“When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves”
The Foundation believes that taking action at all levels will pave way for an effective mechanism to protect and preserve our environment for generations to come. With this objective in mind, the Ma Foi Foundation has launched the project “Pasumai Avadi” which means Green Avadi. This initiative focusses on the following:
1. Environmental Education
2. Afforestation and Maintenance
3. Protection and Maintenance of Water Bodies
4. Efficient Waste Management
The Foundation also places high importance on sustainable development i.e development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. “Avadi Green Cities Program” has been initiated to emphasize the fact that development should not be at the cost of environment.
Protecting the environment is a social and ethical responsibility. We have an obligation to leave as little a footprint as possible. This can be done by ensuring that we practice and follow the three R’s- Reuse, Reduce and Recycle. Avadi Green Cities Program and Pasumai Avadi are our noble and sincere attempts to spread the word that if we do not sustain the environment, we cannot sustain ourselves.
We look forward to your support and co-operation as we seek to make Avadi a cut above the rest, across all angles.
Our Pasumai Avadi project aims at creating awareness on environmental protection among the people of Avadi. We have been conducting awareness programmes in educational institutions and enrolling student volunteers also in our activities like renovating the waterbodies, raising nurseries for saplings and other related activities.
Activities Done in Avadi
- Cleaned water Bodies Restored
1. Ponniyamman Koil Tank,
2. Sunnambukulam Tank
3. Tamarai Kulam Tank
- Raised a Nursery for Saplings at Nazareth College of Arts & Science
- Conducting Environmental Awareness Programme in Schools in Avadi.
- Distributed saplings to mothers of Newborn children in Primary Health Centres & GH in Avadi
- Working on providing Toilet Facilities to Narikuravar Community to improve their living standard
- Raised a Nursery with 30000 saplings at Nazareth College and Which will be replanted at various locations in Avadi.