“He who has health has hope and he who has hope has everything “
The Ma Foi Foundation aims to bring comprehensive health care to the underprivileged children and women. The Foundation has incubated (EKAM Foundation) where Pediatricians, Pharmaceutical Companies, Government, and Hospitals come together to provide high quality, comprehensive and continuous healthcare to children who cannot afford to pay for specialized healthcare services. The project has roped in the support of not only pediatricians but also nutritionists, social workers & yoga instructors from across Chennai to ensure that underprivileged children have consistent and immediate access to healthcare.
In addition, Ma Foi Foundation also works independently to improve primary health care. The Foundation trains local youth to organize and conduct medical camps to provide quality healthcare to the needy and make health care accessible to the needy.
Avadi Constituency has 9 Primary Health Centers which cater to nearly a population of over 5 lakh. All the 9 PHC’s are in need of various amenities and infrastructural support . The Ma Foi Foundation has identified 2 such PHCS, so that they can be further equipped to service more people of Thiruverkadu and Avadi. The Ma Foi Foundation proposes to
- Conduct Regular General Medical camp, Eye camp, Women’s Health camp in Avadi constituency
- Help children below 14 years suffering from life threatening diseases through EKAM foundation
- Awareness campaign for various health issues like
Diabetics, Kidney disorders , Polio ,Rubella Injunction, spread and control measures
for sicknesses like Chikungunya, H1 N1 flu…etc
- To upgrade and maintain the existing Thiruverkadu PHC and Avadi Centre
Activities at Avadi :
- Conducted two eye-camps in association with Shankar Netralaya, that benefitted around 275 people
- Organized General medical camp that benefitted 450 residents in Avadi (in association with Apollo Hospital)
- 135 women benefitted from medical camp organized exclusively for Women
- Conducted Yoga classes in various schools at Avadi (Municipal Primary School (TNHB), Municipal Primary School (Annanur), Govt. Girls’ Higher Sec. School (Kamarajar Nagar), Govt. High school (Thandurai)
- With consistent and effective support from Ekam Foundation, 1500+ babies have been saved & more than 1 lakh families have benefitted
Seeking your support to strengthen these activities.