“Sports has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way nothing else can”
As is the case with any nation, India too aspires to compete and win Olympic medals, nurture and train sports aspirants to become prospective Olympians so that they can bring laurels to the nation. Given the less inclination that people in general seem to show towards taking up sports as a profession, we as parents/ guardians of our country’s future citizens have failed to inculcate the habit of encouraging children to play and embrace sports as a profession. It takes years of hard work, commitment and persistence to build a sports professional.
Disha Sports Academy is a boutique institution founded for the growth and development of sports. The institution was established with an objective to train and produce sports stalwarts.
It aims at providing holistic development to children with sports as a focal point of growth at the early age.
Disha Sports Academy has been training students of government schools in Boxing, Football and Athletics. We provide students with sports kits and trainers to improve their skills. We have also developed playground facilities in some schools. Our objective is to make the students of to excel at the National and International Level.
Objectives of our Academy are
- To inculcate playing habits in children in order to provide holistic development
- Drive home the concept of fitness and make children mentally and physically fit.
- Train underprivileged children in football, boxing etc.
- 1250 students trained in Foot ball, Boxing & Athletics
- Won State Championship in boxing twice in the last 3 years with 3 National Medals.
- District Championship in Foot ball & Athletics
- Secured more than 300 Medals at the District level, 150+ medals at the State level and 10 medals at the national level
- 3 Players selected to represent the Santhosh Trophy National Foot Ball Championship.
- Two teams have been positioned in Senior Football League, Chennai Division
Activities in Avadi
- Laid playground & volley ball court at the Government Higher Secondary School – Sathyamoorthy Nagar, Avadi.
- Established Tennikoit Court at Government Girls Higher Secondary School, Kamarajar Nagar, Avadi.
- Created play field at Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Kamarajar Nagar, Avadi
- Identified 100+ enthusiastic and passionate Students in Municipal & Government schools of Avadi and providing them with state-of-art training in Boxing & Foot ball.
- Distributed Sports Kits & Materials to 150 students belonging to various government schools in Avadi.
- Conducting Summer Sports Camp exclusively for government school students to equip them with necessary skills to make them competent to participate in various sports (Athletics, Boxing, Kho-Kho).
- Restored playgrounds of government schools (SM Nagar, Tirunindravur, TNHB) by carrying our necessary cleaning and levelling of playgrounds