“Empowered women empower women”
We believe there is no tool for development more effective than empowerment of women. We strive to help women realise their self worth by facilitating access to opportunities and resources. Educate, inspire and empower has been our mantra. The Foundation works with women groups on areas such as micro finance, vocational training, entrepreneurial support etc.
The Foundation through SET (Sornammal Educational Trust) has supported more than 60000 women in various parts of the state by providing them with loan linkages & training them on sustainable livelihood. It has given them a platform to express and exhibit their talents thereby making them confident to face various challenges.
Activities in Avadi
- Identified active women-self help groups and provided and continues to Providing “Life Skill Programs” and sustainable Livelihood programs like tailoring, fancy jewelry making, paper bag making, etc. to make them financially independent and self-reliant. We have partnered with Sisterhood Foundation and Satyabama University who are supporting us in this earnest endeavor.
- Conducting financial literacy programs for women and encourage them to become entrepreneurs.
- Launched Skills on Wheels – Women empowerment program with the help of Sisterhood Foundation, Denmark & Women empowerment bureau of Sathyabama University, Chennai with a focus on imparting digital literacy programme for girls & womento make them digitally abled
- 387 women trained in jewel making, 10 women benefitted through tailoring classes, 74 women trained in terrace gardening
- Imparted basic computer training to 43 women and English communication training to 27 women
- 70 women benefited from the “Magalir Mattum Programs “ (emphasis on digital banking, meditation, health and hygiene)
- We aim to create and mould at least 10 women entrepreneurs in the constituency in a span of one year
Please support us in this journey.